TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN SINGAPORE. After spending 5 days in Singapore, exploring the city, its beautiful parks, museums and much more. I have written a list of 10 things to do when in Singapore, things that you can’t miss when being in this city. Even though it might be a bit much to manage to see and do all 10 of these things I would recommend you to select your very own top 5 of places that interest you from the list below if you are planning on going to Singapore or have a friend who’s going there in the near future.
– Gardens by the bay. This garden is beautiful, especially at night when they light up all the enormous purple trees. This garden gave me such a Avatar feeling! A must do when in Singapore!
– Marina Bay. This is the perfect way to get a good grip over the city of Singapore, buy a ticket to go to the sky deck of Marina Bay and enjoy the panoramic view!
– Raffles Hotel. We lived at Raffles Hotel while being in Singapore and this hotel is pure magic. We did a ‘Singapore sling’ masterclass together with the main bartender at Raffles ‘Long Bar’ which was so much fun. If you have the budget, make sure to stay a couple of nights at this hotel, it’s such a beautiful colonial hotel, if the hotel is not in your budget you can always come here for dinner or afternoon tea or why not try the Singapore masterclass?
– Sentosa Island. Located approximately 15-20 minutes away from the city center of Singapore you can find Sentosa Island. Sentosa is a popular island resort in Singapore, visited by approximately twenty million people a year. We stayed at W Singapore Sentosa Cove when we went to Sentosa and loved it there.
– Chinatown. This area in Singapore is definitely worth a visit while being in the city.
– Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. Built in the Chinatown part of Singapore, this beautiful temple is a must visit while being in Singapore. It’s absolutely beautiful!
– The Botanical Garden. The Singapore Botanic Gardens is a 156-year-old tropical garden located at the fringe of Singapore’s main shopping belt. It is one of three gardens, and the only tropical garden, to be honored as a Unesco World Heritage Site. A must visit while in Singapore.
– Little India. This is an ethnic district in Singapore. It is located east of the Singapore River—across from Chinatown, located west of the river—and north of Kampong Glam. Both areas are part of the urban planning areaof Rochor. Little India is commonly known as Tekka in the Indian Singaporean community.
– The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands. If you are looking to do some shopping in Singapore, this is the place to go to. Singapore is all about shopping malls and they do them well. The shoppes at Marina Bay Sands is my personal favourite and is beautifully located by the water. Don’t miss the Louis Vuitton store located on the water right outside, quite the store!
– Emerald Hill. This is a very cozy neighbourhood as well as being a conservation area located in the planning areas of Newton and Orchard in Singapore. Former home to many members of the city-state’s wealthy Peranakan community, it’s located near Orchard Road and many of its homes feature Chinese Baroque architecture.