TOP 10 TRAVEL MOMENTS. The year of 2014 was a year of amazing travel that I will never forget. I have gotten many emails and comments requesting that I would make a little list of 10 of my favourite travel moments from the past year so here we go. It can be anything from a destination, a moment, a dinner, a hotel, an experience. Something that made quite the impression on me with other words! If you want to read the whole story about each experience just click on the links. Here we go!
TOP 10 TRAVEL MOMENTS. Året 2014 var sannerligen ett fantastiskt år när det kommer till otroliga resor som jag aldrig kommer glömma. Jag har fått väldigt mycket email och kommentarer från er där ni frågar mig om jag inte kan dela med mig av 10 av mina bästa stunder under det gångna året. Det jag delar med mig utav kan vara allt från en destination, en middag, en hotellupplevelsetill ett bakverk, helt enkelt något som verkligen satt spår på absoluta djupet! Om ni vill läsa om hela upplevelsen kring varje upplevelse så klicka bara på länken. Here we go!
1. The Four Seasons in the Seychelles – This is probably the most amazing experience of the entire year of 2014 in my book. This resort in the Seychelles took my breath away from the minute that we arrived and to the moment we left. Our villa that was in the middle of the jungle had the most spectacular view and the whole experience was just so over the top!
2. Flying with Emirates – Flying is such a huge part of my job and my daily life as I travel over 120 days per year. I didn’t know that you could travel in such style and luxury as you do with Emirates. The amazing a la carte menu and the comfort of the bed was just beyond and I wish every flight could be like this!
3. Private beach of Raffles – On the island of Praslin in the beautiful Seychelles you find Raffles Resort and the totalt seclusion from reality that took place there was pure magic. You lived in harmony with nature and the feeling of relaxation was constant!
4. Breakfast at The Four Seasons – Johan and I stayed at The Four Seasons in Paris and eating breakfast here makes you feel like a royal. I had their lobster omelett and I still dream about it. This is a pétit déjeuner that I will never forget!
5. Sunset on the beach – One of my favourite moments in the Seychelles was when we did a excursion to one of the world’s most beautiful beaches to have a sunset picnic with champagne and h’ors d’oeuvres. Watching the sunset together with Johan in this magical paradise took my breath and bubbles away!
6. Cronut in Bryant Park – One of my favourite moments in New York the past year was when Johan surprised me with 2 cronuts one morning in our hotel room. Did I jump out of bed or what?! When your boyfriend stands in line for 2 hours to get you cronuts you know you have a keeper. We enjoyed them with lemonade in the sun in Bryant Park together, it was just perfect!
7. Dinner at Chiltern Firehouse – One of my favourite dinners in London the past year was at the new restaurant Chiltern Firehouse. I can’t remember the last time I had such a lovely food experience! The cuisine is modern and chic and so delicious! I can’t wait to come back this year to eat more from their delicious menu!
8. Burj al Khalifa in Dubai – When you are on top of the world’s tallest building, how can it not make an impression on you? Even though I am afraid of heights this experience is just too surreal to get your head wrapped around!
9. Island of Mauritius – Johan and I went to Mauritius in late January last year for 2 weeks. We rode on horsed in the jungle, we stayed at the fabulous Royal Palm and ate some of the most tasty food we have ever had in our lives! I just loved to explore the beautiful nature of this island, it is mesmerizing!
10. Breakfast over Central Park – I have a thing for breakfasts – and views! If you can combine the two of them I am one happy camper and I found it while at Mandarin Oriental in New York! Eating fluffy american pancakes while overlooking Central Park? A breakfast can’t get much better than that!