TOP 5 AFTERNOON TEA LONDON. I have been to over 15 afternoon tea sessions in London and I have truly gathered a lot of knowledge regarding what makes a divine high tea experience and not. I still have many places on my list that I would like to experience during this coming year and perhaps I will find new spots in the city that will enter my list of the best high tea places. I would like to share some of my personal favourites when it comes to afternoon tea, each of this places offer something unique and amazing! What I am looking for when I am judging a afternoon tea experience is everything from the serivce, the presentation, the knowledge regarding the tea selection, the surrounding and ambience and of course the quality of the pastries & scones as well as if they offer that little extra that takes the whole experience to the next level, I add up all of these different aspects and then I can give them my final grade.
TOP 5 AFTERNOON TEA LONDON. Jag har varit på över 15 afternoon teas i London och har verkligen byggt upp en kunskap kring vad som gör en bra high tea upplevelse och inte. Jag har många platser på min lista som jag vill uppleva detta år, jag vill fylla på min kunskap och se om man hittar nya platser som toppar den lista man hittills har byggt upp. Här kommer några av mina personliga favoriter, alla erbjuder något unikt och fantastiskt på denna lista! Det jag letar efter när jag bedömer en afternoon tea upplevelse är allt från servicen som man upplever till presentation, kunskapen kring teerna som presenteras, omgivningen och miljön man befinner sig i samt kvalitén på the pastires & scones samt om de erbjuder det där lilla extra som höjer hela upplevelsen en nivå, allt detta skapar en helhet som jag värderar!
1. Brown’s Hotel – I have been here several times to enjoy their afternoon tea and there is a reason why I keep coming back, their excellent service and knowledge in the world of teas is amazing. It feels like you are in your British mansion on the countryside when you sit and listen to the pianist play and you sip on your perfectly made tea. The scones are always excellent and their finger sandwiches are always so moist and divine. An all around excellent high tea experience! It works just as great to come here with your family, friends or partner.
Location: 33 Albemarle Street, London
2. The Berkeley – This is a fun and chic afternoon tea experience to enjoy with your girlfriends! They have their own take on the high tea experience called ‘Prêt-a-Portea’. A very creative and chic way of serving a high tea through the eyes of the fashion world. Each season they update the high tea menu and the pastries you eat are all inspired from the runways around the world. I especially love their cocktail menu!
Location: Wilton Place, Knightbridge, London
3. Claridge’s – I love this legendary hotel in London, the afternoon tea experience is very classy and very British! The service was outstanding and their tea competence was amazing. I learnt so much about tea when I was here and our personal tea sommelier took us through the entire session with a constant smile on our faces. The pastries were truly divine and I love the surrounding. I will be back for more!
Location: 49 Brook Street, London
4. The Ritz -This is one of the most famous afternoon teas in England and you need to book well in advance to get a table. This is the perfect place to come to for Christmas and Easter or other big celebrations. I was here during Christmas and I loved their Christmas high tea and the live choir singing for us.
Location: 340 King Street, London
5. Ham Yard Hotel – This is a very modern and chic version of an afternoon tea experience, I love the modern setting at the beautiful Ham Yard Hotel. This is where you go with your friends, partner or family for a more relaxed setting but you still want to keep the high quality of the food. I still remember the pastries like it was yesterday, the red velvet macarons and the chocolate ganache cake were truly divine.
Location: One Ham Yard, London