WEEKEND GUIDE: ÅRE. While Johan and I were in the adorable skiing village of Åre earlier this year to shoot the project with Peak Performance I got questions and emails from you regarding if I couldn’t crete a guide to Åre. What restaurants in the village you can’t miss, what hotels are cozy to stay at and of course where do you find the most delicious hot cocoa in the slopes? Of course I want to share my favourite places with you so here goes!
WEEKEND GUIDE: ÅRE. Medan jag och Johan befann oss i Åre tidigare i år för att fotografera projektet med Peak Performance så fick jag email och frågor från er gällande om jag inte kunde skapa en guide till Åre. Vilka restauranger nere i byn som är riktigt härliga, vilka hotell som man inte får missa samt vilken hot cocoa är bäst ute i backen? Givetvis vill jag dela med mig av mina favoriter med er så here we go!
– Fjällpuben. This is such a rustic and delicious place to come for dinner. They are well known for their fondue experience but I would say that their menu is just as exciting. This is a perfect spot for a romantic dinner with your partner or a cozy family dinner.
Location: Årevägen 72, Åre
– Supper Åre. This is my favourite place to come to while I am in Åre. I love the ambience and excellent staff. The food is south american tapas and it is delicious, their cocktail menu is also great. This restaurant has a more modern touch to it, it’s perfect to come here with your friends for a night out on the town.
Location: Parkvägen 3, Åre
– Wersens Källare. I love to come to Wersens for a pizza or lunch if I am in the village during the day. I love to come to Wersen’s Källare during night for dinner, they are very popular for this fondue experience.
– Dahlbom på Torget. With a more modern cuisine this is a very hip place to come to in Åre. Music is pumping and drinks are being served. People come here to relax after a day out in the slopes or for some after ski. I enjoy coming here for dinner at their delicious restaurant in the evening.
Location: Årevägen 78, Åre
– Hotel Åregården. This is a super cozy and chic hotel in the middle of the village of Åre. You are close to everything! I love the interior design of the hotel and the friendly staff.
Location: Årevägen 81, Åre
– TOTT Hotel. This is a great ski in ski out hotel in the slopes of Åre. You can literally go out from the hotel and hit the slopes straight away which I love. The views over Åre from the hotel are breathtaking as well.
Location: Tottvägen 111, Åre
– Åre Granen. This is a cozy boutique hotel in Åre with a few rooms. It’s a very familiar and intimate feel. The staff is excellent and this is the perfect place to come and chill after a long day of skiing with a hot cocoa and good company.
Location: Tottvägen 127, Åre
– Copperhill. This is a modern and luxurious skiing hotel located in the area of Björnen in Åre. You will need a car/cab to get from the hotel to the village of Åre but it will be worth it. They have all the services you could possibly need. A stunning restaurant and spa and chic interior.
Location: Åre Bjornen, Åre
– Åre Bageriet. This café is not located in the slopes but it is my favourite café in the village. They have an award winning pastry chef so whatever you will eat hear it will be delicious. I especially love their buns.
Location: Årevägen 55, Åre
– Hummelstugan. This is my go to spot for a hot cocoa in the slopes. You should definitely come here for the stunning views over the mountains and enjoy a hot cocoa or why not a lunch.
Location: Hummelstugan, Åre
– Buustamon Fjällgård. This is a magnificent place in the slopes to come to for a divine food experience.
Location: Buustamon 142, Åre
– Fjällgården. This is a popular place for afterski, I like to come here for the ambience and take something lighter to eat or drink.
Location: Fjällgårdsvägen, Åre