5 FAVOURITE SPOTS IN PARIS. After having lived in Paris for over 2,5 years you truly find your favourite places in the city. When I lived in Paris with my family we lived in St Germain en Laye and when I lived in the city on my own I lived in St Germain des Pres. I wanted to share some of my favourite spots with you, it can be anything from the most romantic streets to walk with your love, the best views, the best square to do people watching, Paris has something for everyone! Some of these spots will be more classic places as well as my personal favourites! I hope you will enjoy the advice!
5 FAVOURITE SPOTS IN PARIS. Efter att ha bott i Paris i över 2,5 år så hittar man verkligen sina favoritplatser i staden. När jag bodde i Paris med familjen så bodde vi i St Germain en Laye och när jag bodde i Paris själv så bodde jag i St Germain des Pres, båda två är platser jag älskar innerligt. Jag vill tipsa er om några av mina favoriter i Paris, det kan vara allt från en mysig park, till den bästa platsen att spana på människor, till de mest romantiska stråken, Paris erbjuder något för alla! Några av dessa tips kommer vara mer klassiker och andra är mer personliga platser som ligger mig nära om hjärtat! Hoppas ni gillar tipsen!
– Jardin des Plantes – This is such a stunning botanical garden in the middle of Paris that you can’t miss! On top of all the stunning flowers you will be surrounded by you can also enjoy 4 different museums! Paris offers such an amazing range of culture!
Location: 57 Rue Cuvier, Paris
– St Germain en Laye – This area is just 15 minutes away with the RER from Paris and has such a dear place in my heart, this is the area where I lived with my family for 2 years growing up and I have so many memories from this place! I love everything from the royal garden and castle that lies in the city where you can get a stunning panoramic view over Paris. Before we could move in to our home in Paris we stayed at Pavillon Henri IV, a boutique hotel with the most incredible history and location, we also had my father’s 50th birthday party there which was an amazing evening! Our first meal together in Paris was enjoyed at Creperie Larcher, a place I still come back to whenever I’m in St Germain en Laye, they serve delicious crepes!
Location: Take RER A to St Germain en Laye
– Place Saint Sulpice – When I lived in St Germain des Pres I always took walks to Place Saint Sulpice to enjoy the beauty of the fountain and the church. They also have some great shopping around this square and they also have my favourite macaron shop just around the corner, Pierre Hermé!
Location: Fontaine Sainte Sulpice
– Parc des Buttes-Chaumont – If you are in the mood of a day excursion this park is for you! Located in the north of Paris in the 19th arrondissement you find this beautiful park with a waterfall, lake, grotto and the most famous part, le Temple de la Sibylle! Bring a picnic and enjoy the afternoon here! The easiest way to get here is by bus!
– Lac Inférieur, Bois de Boulogne – If you like the concept of going on a boat on the lake in Central Park this is the park you should go to, Bois de Boulogne! Here you can rent the boat and enjoy the water while watching the eiffel tower! Pretty romantic in my opinion! Bring some freshly made baguette, lemonade and cheese in the boat and you will be all set!